Quote of the Day
"So I gained a little f***ing weight. Deal with it."
--The unpleasantly plump Courtney Love, to Access Hollywood, on her post-rehab weight gain
A Killer Wedding and More
We have Killer news: To the dismay of teenyboppers everywhere, the Killers' Brandon Flowers married his longtime girlfriend, Tana, last week in a small, intimate ceremony in Hawaii. Looking on the Mr. Brightside, marriage hasn't turned him into a homebody -– he's already back on tour with his band, performing tonight in St. Paul. In other news, Michelle Williams, the Dawson's Creek alum who is expecting a child with Heath Ledger, was spotted yesterday outside her prenatal yoga class wearing an engagement ring.
Rant of the Day: Schoolboy Tommy Lee Needs to Grow Up
Pamela Anderson's ex is everywhere pushing his new reality show, which will remain nameless because we don't want to plug it. Being inundated with Tommy Lee interviews this past few weeks has made us realize something: We don't like him anymore. At one time we were smitten with his bad-boy look –- and of course impressed by his video (who wasn’t?) -– but now he's just a 17-year-old schoolboy trapped in a 42-year-old man's decaying body. First, he looks terrible. His hair is all ratty (it looks like a wig) and his years of hard partying are taking a toll on his face. But our decision to break up with him is not based on looks alone. (How superficial would that be?) For one thing, we find it offensive that he calls women "chicks." He has two young sons, so he should be more respectful of women. Peppering all of his sentences with "dude," all he talks about is partying, the aforementioned "chicks" and how cool it is to be a rock star. (And there's something wrong with him calling himself a rock star. Come on. That's a term a fan should adopt for you, not you for yourself!) We just think that while he's been out chasing skirts, making sex tapes and tattooing his life away, he's gotten old, and the whole bad-boy thing has gotten old, too. We're giving him a flunking grade.
Ridiculous Plug of the Week
Sheryl Crow must be worried that her new album, which is set to be released in September, is gonna tank. Why else would she be appearing in those ridiculous Dell computer ads? And of course she's sporting her Livestrong bracelet in the ad -– a shout-out to her boyfriend, Lance Armstrong. Next thing you know the former hip rocker goddess will be renting ad space on her roomy forehead.
Other Stuff to Know Today
- In sad news, Christopher Reeve's widow, Dana, reportedly has lung cancer. The poor woman can't catch a break, so send good vibes her way.
- File this under "but of course": The paparazzo shot by a BB gun outside Britney's baby shower over the weekend is now suing the pregnant pop tart because the pellet came from the direction of Brit's rented home.
- Was Demi Moore ever pregnant? Gawker suggests that AMI editor Bonnie Fuller's team made it up to sell magazines.
- Grammy winner Marc Cohn ("Walking in Memphis") was shot in the head Monday after an attempted carjacking following a performance. He's married to ABC news reporter Elizabeth Vargas.
- Heidi Klum, who is expecting a baby with Seal later this month, appears naked -– and very pregnant –- in the new issue of Vitals Women (see photo). In related news, Britney will not be posing naked for any magazines before she gives birth. In all honesty, the pictures of her posing with clothing on have been bad enough.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Now you can get entertainment news in your inbox! Sign up for our weekly Entertainment newsletter, and every Friday morning we'll give you hot tips for weekend movies, plus a gossip roundup of the hottest headlines. You can also get quick links to our most recent features, quizzes and games.